More

    “He Has My Full Attention” – Richard Commey On Marinez Bout

    Former IBF lightweight Champion Richard Oblitey Commey says he is focussed on his upcoming bout against his Dominican opponent, Jackson Marinez.

    The Ghanaian boxer is scheduled to return to the ring on February 13 since his loss to Teofimo Lopez in 2019.

    The bout will be in supporting capacity to a vacant light heavyweight clash between Joe Smith Jr. and Maksim Vlasov, as previously reported by BoxingScene.com earlier this month.

    Commey after his round two knockout to Lopez who eventually went on to defeat Vasyl Lomachenko to win the lineal championship while unifying the WBA/WBO/IBF titles last October have been in his country- Ghana, training due to the pandemic.

    His opponent on the other hand secured a questionable 12 round decision win over Rolando Romero this past August in Uncasville, Connecticut.

    Despite Commey’s from the ring, he remains focussed on his bout against Marinez even though it’s not a title bout and wouldn’t entertain external thoughts concerning his opponent’s previous bout.

    “I don’t think it was a robbery as that is a strong word,” admits Commey, though he is of the belief that Marinez deserved the nod, “I believe Romero got the [house] decision just like Robert Easter Jr. did in our world lightweight title fight back in 2016.

    “Once this fight is out of the way and I am victorious then we can speak about world titles,” Commey notes. “I am not underestimating Marinez one bit; he has my full attention.”

     

    Related articles

    Comments

    LEAVE A REPLY

    Please enter your comment!
    Please enter your name here

    Share article

    Latest articles

    CHAN 2021: Atlas Lions Pips The Hawks Of Togo

    The defending champions of the ongoing Total African Nations Championship, Morocco secured a 1-0 win over West African side Togo in Group C match...

    Kosta Papic Speaks About Patrick Razak’s Form

    Head Coach of Hearts of Oak, Kosta Papic has hinted that winger, Patrik Razak will be part of his starting eleven if he adapts...

    Former Black Stars Player Eyes A Move To Kotoko

    Ghana forward Richmond Boakye-Yaidom has said he will surely play for Asante Kotoko before retiring from football. According to the 27-year old, he has plans...

    “Don’t Act Like Men” – Football Administrator Tells Female Footballers

    Chief Executive officer of Berry ladies Dr. Gifty Oware-Aboagye has revealed that her mission of buying a female club is to ensure female footballers...

    C.k Akonnor Receives Five Months Salary – Reports

    The Black Stars head coach, Charles Kwablan Akonnor has received five months of his salary according to reports. According to reports emanating from Ghana's leading...

    Newsletter